SUCCESS STORIES — Visit our new gallery
of gems and success stories ... which highlight the
important links between ATP and industry cost-shared funding
for high-risk research and development and their economic
benefits to our Nation. To learn more about these and
other successes ...
• BioNanomatrix’s Revolutionary Whole Genome Analysis Platform Named to MIT Technology Review’s Annual 10 Emerging Technologies List
This technology is from an ATP funded project entitled “$100 Genome by Linear Imaging Sequence Analysis”
• Virent Energy Systems, Inc., was selected as a Red Herring North America 100 winner. This award distinguishes North America's top technology startup companies for 2008.
• Dr. Michael Long (CEO, Velcura Therapeutics) was named the Third Annual Grant Thornton Leader and Innovator of the Year at Lawrence Technological University." The of complete press release can be found at http://www.velcura.com/news/2008/may/09/2008-leader-and-innovator-of-the-year.
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc., announces positive phase I clinical trial results for PROVACEL,
an adult mesenchymal stem cell therapy developed using the ATP funded technology, in patients with heart disease.
Tepha Receives FDA Clearance for First Medical Device Derived from New Class of Biopolymers ...
The development of the TephaFLEX Absorbable Suture was supported by grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH),
and the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology Advanced Technology Program (NIST ATP).
Zimmer Holdings and ISTO Technologies Announce Start of Neocartilage Clinical Trial ...
ISTO Technologies begins clinical trial for Neocartilage, a living tissue-engineered graft for the restoration
of cartilage defects, reestablishment of joint function and relief of pain in the knee.
OTHER ATP R&D FEATURE STORIES
ATP PARTICIPANTS GARNER INDUSTRY RECOGNITION THROUGH AWARDS
THE NETWORK-CENTRIC INNOVATION IMPERATIVE:
How Manufacturers Work With Their Suppliers to Develop New Products
Venture Capital (CVC): Seeking Innovation and Strategic
• Technologies for Advanced Imaging Systems
• Enhancing America's Manufacturing Competitiveness
• A Summary of ATP-Funded Innovations for America's Aging Population
COMPETING FOR THE FUTURE:
• Unlocking Small Wonders for Tomorrow's Nanoelectronic Uses
• A Historical Review of NIST ATP Investments in Semiconductor and Micro/Nano-Electronics
• A Historical Review of NIST ATP Investments in Photonics and Optical Technologies
FEDERAL FUNDING FOR TECHNOLOGICAL REVOLUTIONS: Biotechnology and Healthcare Highlights
NEW ECONOMIC STUDIES, SURVEY RESULTS, REPORTS & WORKING
• Economic Impact of ATP's Contributions to DNA Diagnostics Technologies
• ATP-Funded Green Process Technologies
• Findings from Survey of ATP Applicants 2004
• Placing Innovation: A GIS Approach to Identifying Emergent Technological Activity